Welcome to The International Montessori School of Beijing (MSB) Parents’ Association (PA), a community of parent volunteers who are a bridge between the parents and the school administration.
Parents will automatically become a member of MSB Parents’ Association when your child is enrolled at MSB. This is an important parent volunteer group who work together to help the school community. This diverse and dynamic group are a key communication bridge between the school leadership and teachers with the parents. The PA also operates the Coffee Stop in the Elementary building. Drinks, snacks and home baked goods are available. Funds raised at the Coffee Stop support charity and the PA budget.
- Organize activities for children, parents and staff.
- Welcome new families to MSB, and can help them to adjust comfortably in their new city and school.
- Keep MSB families connected through social events (Welcome Mornings, weekday lunches, experience sharing meetings, handcraft lessons, cooking classes, and more).
- Are responsible for managing the class parents.
Major events include:
- Parent Coffee Morning
- Clothing Drive in September
- Autumn Charity Book Sale in October
- Charity Bake Sale in December
- Giving Tree Program after the Spring Festival
- Roundabout Charity Book Fair in April
- Fun After Five in May in cooperation with the school
- Teacher Appreciation Breakfast in June
How to Join Us
Contact any member of PA or pay attention to the class Wechat group. The class parent will make announcements in the Wechat group before every event. The PA also has a WeChat public platform, where you can find information, news, updates and reminders about upcoming events at MSB or in Beijing. You are welcome to follow us by searching our WeChat account: MSBParentsAssociation.
- 1 President
- 2 Vice Presidents
- 1 Accountant
- 1 Cashier
- 1 Preschool, elementary and middle school representatives
- Class parents of each class
MSB Parents’ Association is self-financing. The funds raised will be used for charity projects and school events while a small amount of it will be kept by the PA itself. All transactions are open and transparent for parents to oversee.
The operation of Parents’ Association would have not been possible without the help of our parents. Please join us! Let us be role models for our children and contribute our part to their fantastic school life.